Bindery Operator / Lead
- Adheres to and promotes all company safety policies and procedures .
- Must be able to operate a variety of bindery equipment.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, cost, and other techniques for maximizing the effect of manufacture and distribution of finished product.
- Conduct test and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Troubleshooting- determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Critical thinking- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weakness of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Instructing qualified candidates to learn the operation of bindery equipment
- Operates bindery equipment when necessary to maintain the flexibility of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work in fast pace environment.
- Able to work on a concrete floor for extended periods of time.
- Work in a loud environment.
- Must be able to work as a team member.
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Must provide own tools.
- Must be able to work overtime on a short notice.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to move about freely, climb, stoop, reach, and or move/push objects.
- Ability to lift 50 Pounds.
- Ability to operate pallet jack.
- Operate keyboard for computer data input and retrieval.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and have good listening skills.
- Function in a tobacco-free environment.