- Adheres to and promotes all company safety policies and procedures .
- Able to read and interpret information from job ticket.
- Reports to Bindery Manager any concerns to ensure that both the technical and workflow issues are addressed.
- Ensures that saddle-stitching equipment is optimized and operating within required standards in terms of process controls, planned maintenance schedules, make ready and running standards.
- Communicates with Bindery Manager on validity of standards and expectations from the project plan.
- Responsibly and accurately records productivity.
- Able to trouble-shoot and problem solve.
- Responsible to coach, train, and direct any bindery workers in executing tasks when they are assisting on the stitcher.
- Operates other bindery equipment when necessary to maintain the flexibility of the department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Work in fast pace environment.
- Able to work on a concrete floor for extended periods of time.
- Work in a loud environment.
- Must be able to work as a team member .
- Must be able to perform well under pressure.
- Must provide own tools.
- Must be able to work overtime on a short notice.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to move about freely, climb, stoop, reach, and or move/push objects.
- Ability to lift 50 Pounds.
- Ability to operate pallet jack.
- Operate keyboard for computer data input and retrieval.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and have good listening skills.
- Function in a tobacco-free environment.